Wednesday 10 August 2011

The Husband Questionnaire

Even though my blog is 'science, spouses & silliness' I think I tend to focus on the silly part the most. So today instead I have decided to talk about the spouse part. While reading through a friend of mine's blog: Lord Girl - I came across a challenge (based on this website) to work at making my husband more of a priority. Obviously I think any successful relationship is a two-way street, but it's not going to work at all if I try to change his behaviour instead of looking closely at my own. But of course I had to put my own psych spin on it and have thus come up with my own questionnaire for him to fill out: The [husband's name] Questionnaire.

Here are a sample of some of the questions:
As if I didn't already know what he'd like me to cook!

  • What are your favourites out of the meals I've cooked?
  • What are some meals you'd like me to try cooking for you?
  • What things do I do that make you feel the most respected?
  • What things can we do to make our house a haven?
Also I wrote a list of things I do in our house and relationship and have asked him to rank order them in terms of importance so I know which I should prioritise. For example, there is no point in me spending ages cooking elaborate meals for him every day, if say he'd really just prefer I use that time to spend with him!

A true psych questionnaire requires administering it to many many people to be able to do statistics on what the average person is like. However in this case I don't care about the average person - just my husband (who could be a total outlier for all I know)! Though I do think that I can check test-retest reliability by asking the same questions again in a year's time haha. However priorities do change so the reliability might be low too but that's ok!

Gosh I am just unable to escape being a nerd, hey.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know this seems like a pretty good idea to me! It's important to have a clear understanding of what your partner prioritises! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome idea! I should do that with my boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great example of nerd love :) I love that you're trying to look at how to get the most out of your relationship methodically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks for the comments! I'm glad you think it's useful instead of only nerdy hahah.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...